History of the Ivy Tavern
The Ivy Tavern has been a landmark for over 60 years.
It was first established in 1956 by Peter J. Russo and his brother Stephen Russo. It all started out with a small version of a bar and package store. Ham and cheese sandwiches and steak sandwiches fried in an electric frying pan was the extent of the food. Eventually a pizza oven was donated by the bakery next door which they also owned. The dough recipe was originally from their mother who was born in Sicily. The individual barpies are the Ivy's specialty which are available to eat at the bar or to take home and enjoy. Mike, Peter's son, and Elaine Russo were the previous owners of the Ivy Tavern. Now the current owner is Mirna Castellanos, she is also the owner of CasDeLuna Restaurant in Trenton, NJ.
Stop in for a bite, a drink or just some good conversation. It'll be worth it. We Promise!